1. What is the best gift you’ve ever been given, and why? And the worst?
The best gift I’ve ever been given, hands down, was a six-foot long, iron tipped spear from the mom of a friend for my college graduation. I majored in Classics, and this friend and I had a running joke about me doing all sorts of “classical” things like dressing up in armor and walking around campus (which I never did, by the way). His mom’s family runs a landfill, and someone apparently threw this awesome spear out, so she grabbed it and they gave it to me for graduation. They followed it up this past Christmas with a Greek-style bronze helmet! All I need now are greaves and I’ll be all set.
The worst gift… I dunno. Probably some generic bath products from someone who didn’t really put any thought into it. That happens a lot in middle school.
2. What is one sexual thing that you have never done but want to do?
This is going to sound totally lame, but the I really want to be able to spend the night with someone I’m in love with. With my ex, circumstances made is such that I could go over to his place and we’d have sex, but I’d always have to leave afterwards.
3. Pick one deceased famous person to bring back to life. Who are they, and why did you pick them?
Hmmm….I think I’d probably bring back Hammurabi. He was a total neurotic mess and micro-manager, which I think is hilarious. We’d probably get along really well.
Also possibly Aaron Burr. He was an alumnus of my university, and as we like to say there, “Alexander Hamilton had it coming.”
4. Describe the time and place of your best sexual encounter.
I lost my virginity at a conference, in a hotel room where the power had gone out. (The hotel was in Ohio, but that’s not all that great, haha.) My ex was very gentle and affectionate, and it was the nicest time I’ve ever had.
5. What is the very first website you check when you get online, and why?
I’d say the websites I check immediately (with the exception of my gmail, of course), are Shakesville and ThinkProgress. I’m an outspoken feminist and political news junkie, and during the election I was checking these sites (and others) literally every ten minutes.
Want to be part of it? Follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 at 5:54 pm and is filed under Varia. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.